Spies, murder, love and other trademarks of Alfred Hitchcock come to life in the style of a 1940s radio broadcast of the master of suspense’s earlier films. With The Lodger, Sabotage and The 39 Steps, Vintage Hitchcock: A Live Radio Play is a triple feature, complete with vintage commercials, that recreates a daring train chase, a serial killer’s ominous presence, and a devastating explosion through the magic of live sound effects and musical underscoring.
Directed by Linda Gerdes
Show dates: November 13, 14, 19, 20, 21
Can you create multiple voices/characters? How’s your British, Scottish or Cockney accent? You might be perfect for a role in our production!
- We are looking for actors who are energetic, vocally flexible, willing to work in a group.
- Ability to speak dialects is a bonus!
- It will be important to demonstrate the creative range of your voice.
- Actors will have microphones during the show, but demonstrating solid vocal technique, including excellent articulation, is a must. Most actors will play multiple parts.
- Because this is a radio play, all actors will have scripts in their hands at all times during the performance.
- Actors do not need to physically match the characters (but vocally they do)
Scripts are available online: https://www.playscripts.com/play/1820. Click the Read for Free link on the top right of the page.
Where: The New Weis Center for Education, Arts and Community Arts Center , 150 Snake Den Road, Ringwood, N. J.
When: Thursday September 9th - 7 - 8:00 pm; Saturday September 11th 10 - 11:30 am.
Auditioners must wear a face covering while inside the Weis center, which may be removed during the actual audition.
Questions: Contact Linda Gerdes at email@example.com